The Society of World Economy (SEM), to promote and disseminate research in the area of world economy, announces the World Economy Award "José Luis Sampedro", which will be regulated by the following bases:
1. The award is announced, which will be chosen from among the papers presented to the XX World Economic Meeting (XXII WEM).
2. The theme of the work will be framed within the research area of the world economy.
3. The delivery period shall be the same as that established for the submission of papers in XXII WEM.
4. Entries and authors eligible for the prize must meet the following requirements:
5. The work will be subject to a double evaluation process. The first evaluation will be carried out by the presidents of the thematic areas of the XXII WEM, who will award a grade to the works that meet the requirements established in clause five. The best qualified papers will then be evaluated by a jury appointed for this purpose by the World Economic Society.
6. The jury may declare the corresponding award void if it considers that the entries do not meet the necessary merits.
7. The jury's decision is final.
8. The award will be paid via bank cheques.
9. Participation in this competition implies the express acceptance of all its terms and conditions.